Happy Spring Everyone!
I've finally emerged from my winter hibernation with a new radio mix for you to download. This mix was done live at CKLN 88.1 FM while I guest hosted the Afrotransit radio show on March 29th. I feature lots of new music and remixes, including some tracks from this year's Winter Music Conference (WMC 2007).
01. Gladys Knight - My Imagination (Quentin Harris & Timmy Regisford Re-Production) - Unrestricted Access
02. Bah Samba - Morris (Quentin Harris Remix) - BKO
03. Syren - My First Love (Frankie Feliciano Alternative Vocal) - Ricanstruction
04. Kentaro Takizawa - Feel Your Emotion (DJ Kawasaki Remix feat. Karin) - Extra Freedom
05. Peven Everett - Put Your Back Into It (Quentin Harris Remix) - United
06. Patter / Mr. V & Miss Patty - Da Bump (Ame Original Mix) - Defected
07. Franky Boissy feat. Roland Clark - Black Music (David Harness Taboo Mix) - Chez
08. Zoot Woman - Taken It All (Todd Edwards 'Soul Line' Remix) - Wall of Sound
09. Franky Boissy feat. Michael Watford - Back To My Roots (Muthafunkaz Remix) - Purple
10. Martin Solveig - Jealousy (Dennis Ferrer 'Haters' Dub) - Defected
11. Mitomi Tokoto - That Piano Track (Sergio Flores Chant Mix) - Japan House Mafia
12. Patter / Grand High Priest - Mary St. Mary (Sacred Rhythm Mix) - White
13. DJ San Fran vs. Stephanie Mills - Free Gets Jazzy (SFD Mashup Mix) - Unreleased CD-R
128kpbs MP3 Download - Right-click and select 'save-as' to download
You can burn the mix onto disc to listen as it's just under 80 minutes, and I've made a few 'proper' promotion CD copies for those who are interested. As always, send me an e-mail and let me know what you think. sanfrandisco (at) gmail.com
The copyright in this mix belongs to DJ San Fran / Francis Yee Loy © 2007-2010.
For Promotional Use Only.
Monday, April 9, 2007
Monday, March 26, 2007
Last week on March 20th, EMI Canada finally released "Studio 1", the comeback album from All Saints. Yes, those All Saints. The ones who gave us "Never Ever" and "I Know Where It's At". They're back! Well kinda...sorta...
News that the girls had reformed emerged in late January 2006, with an announcement that they had signed with Parlophone Records in the UK. In early November 2006, their comeback single, "Rock Steady", was released in the UK along with a remix by Toronto's MSTRKRFT. While the single reached #3 on the UK singles charts, the full album released shortly afterwards failed to ignite as much interest, reaching #40 on the UK Charts.
A second single, "Chick Fit" was to be released at the end of February 2007, but it ended up being a download-only release. An announcement quickly followed that All Saints had parted ways with Parlophone. The girls retain all rights to the album and are planning to keep on despite press negativity.
After some searching, I was able to pick up the CD...not many stores were even aware that it had been released over here in Canada. Great job at promotion EMI! What a brilliant idea to release a CD weeks after the group isn't even on the label anymore. I guess that way the "low sales" excuse can be justified.
Anyways, for those who do enjoy All Saints, the album is quite fun and shows the band maturing in their sound, mixing up the Pop and R&B with Ska, Reggae and Electro influences.
Listen to the Kissy Sell Out remix of "Chick Fit" below. If you like what you hear, pick up the domestic copy in stores or on iTunes.